- I’d like to bring someone who’s under 18
- Sorry, that’s not possible. We cannot allow anyone into the brewery, distillery, or Make Your Own Gin Experiences, under the age of 18. This rule also applies to very young children and babies in arms.
- How long do Brewery and Distillery Tours last?
- Brewery and Distillery tours take around an hour and are followed by a 20-minute tasting and visit to our Adnams Southwold store. In the store you can peruse the broader range of Adnams products and ask as many questions as you like.
- Do I get to taste Adnams beer and spirits?
- Yes, you’ll get to taste a range of Adnams beers on Brewery Tours and a range of spirits on Distillery Tours and Make Your Own Gin Experiences. Only if you want to, of course! On Brewery Tours we’ll also give you a free bottle of beer to take home with you and on Distillery Tours you’ll receive a voucher for 10% off Adnams spirits purchases.
- What if I need to cancel my visit?
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your booking within a period of 7 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which this order was placed.
In addition to these rights, if you are unable to attend your scheduled tour, we are happy to transfer you to a new date and time, subject to receiving a minimum 6 hours notice of your original tour date. All requests for transfers should be made to the tour booking office on 01502 727 225.
- Where can I park in Southwold?
Although there is no on-site parking at Adnams, free on-street parking can be found very close to the brewery and distillery and there are public car parks on The Common and by the Pier (both 15 minutes walk away). Please note that in peak holiday periods Southwold can get very busy so please allow extra time to find parking before your tour.
Coaches and mini buses can drop off and pick up on East Green, outside the brewery.
- Where can I park for Make your Own Gin Experiences in Bury St Edmunds?
Our store is situated in the centre of town, so we do not have any on-site parking available. Your nearest public car parks include The Arc and The Parkway multi-storey car park.
- Are Brewery and Distillery Tours suitable for wheelchair users?
- On Brewery Tours there is wheelchair access for most of the tour and lift access to the Tasting Room. There are a number of small, shallow steps between some areas, stairs to some areas and there is a significant amount of walking and standing throughout the tour. There is also a short journey between the beer tasting and spirits tasting sessions. We recommend that visitors with wheelchairs and those with limited mobility book a weekend tour as operational constraints can restrict the movement of visitors within the Brewery during busy weekday periods. We also recommend that you make your booking by telephone in order for us to advise you of any operational restrictions you may encounter. Unfortunately, distillery tours and Make Your Own Gin Experiences in Southwold are not suitable for wheelchair users as there are a lot of stairs in the Distillery preventing wheelchair access, we apologise for this.
- I have mobility issues, is the Brewery or Distillery Tour suitable for me?
- Anyone with limited mobility may find the length and pace of tours challenging as there is a lot to fit into the visit. You are visiting a working brewery and distillery and, as such, there are no seating areas provided during the tour. Also, there are a lot of stairs and at the end of the tour there is a short walk of approximately 500 metres to the Adnams Southwold store where you go for the spirits tasting.
- Do you offer tours at the weekend?
- Yes we do. Please check the tour dates for the next available tour.
- What shoes should I wear on the Tours and Experiences?
- We’re a working brewery, so floors may be wet and slippery and there are also stairs to climb so please wear covered, flat-soled shoes on your Tour. Flip-flops and heels are not permitted for safety reasons. Please also wear covered, flat-soled shoes on our Make Your Own Gin Experiences.
- Should I wear extra warm clothing?
- We will not be outside for long and it can be very warm in parts of the brewery and distillery, so extra clothing is not needed. It may be an idea to bring a bottle of water with you, especially in the summer months when it can get very hot, but please be aware of our Hygiene policy.
- What happens if there are too few people on my Brewery or Distillery Tour?
- We need a minimum of six people to attend each tour in total. If there are not enough people to run a tour, we’ll call you and either offer you an alternative date, give you a refund, or you may decide to buy the additional places for your own personal tour.
- Can I bring my own botanicals to the Make Your Own Gin experience?
- We have a large number of botanicals to choose from so any additional botanicals that you’d like to bring would need to be agreed and arranged beforehand. We would ask that you email us (email@example.com) with your chosen botanical(s) and we can assess before giving back an answer.
- Can I bring my dog?
- We love dogs, but they are not allowed in the Brewery or Distillery. If you have a Guide Dog please contact us and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Where can I take part in the Adnams ‘Make Your Own Gin Experience’?
- This Experience is available at our Distillery in Southwold and also within our store at Bury St Edmunds using mini copper stills. At the risk of stating the obvious, Adnams Brewery and Distillery Tours are not available in Bury St Edmunds – you’ll need to head to Southwold for that! To book your ‘Make Your Own Gin Experience’, please see ‘Book A Tour’ page.